Equity Insurance Services

We have been providing advice to entertainers for over 30 years

Entertainers can often find it difficult to meet their insurance needs. Many insurers shy away from the profession by not offering cover or loading premiums prohibitively, as the perceived risk falls outside of the parameters laid down. So, for a variety of insurance products you will require specialist advice to ensure your demands and needs are met with a suitable policy providing comprehensive cover at a competitive cost.

At Equity Insurance Services, we have been providing advice to entertainers for over 30 years. By combining specialist knowledge and experience with a high quality service we strive to match these client needs. Coupled with our continual research of the insurance market and our maintenance and development of strong relationships with insurers, this leaves us perfectly positioned to be the insurance broker that all entertainers should try when seeking to arrange their various insurances.

We have been placing motor insurance on behalf of our clients for over 30 years. As a result we have proven experience of arranging motor insurance with major Insurers who recognise our knowledge of the entertainment industry.

Motor insurers have traditionally been concerned about providing cover to entertainers, being cautious (overly so in our view!) of large liability claims being made which would create large dents in their book of business.

Historically, our book of business shows this to be largely unfounded concern.  Off the back of that, we have established relationships with insurers who understand our role and our customers and will provide comprehensive cover for our clients at competitive rates.

Are you a, singer, magician or generally involved in the entertainment business as a performer?

Are you hiring a venue - theatre, hall etc. or working in a public place?

You will need to protect yourself against any legal liability and claims from the public in respect of injury to third parties and/or damage to their property.

If you have any employees, you will by law, require Employers Liability Insurance.

The loss or damage to your props, instruments etc, could have disastrous financial consequences.

Insure your property, or property for which you are responsible, against loss or accidental damage.

For Example:

  • Musical Instruments and equipment
  • Costumes, Props, and magician props
  • Photographic Equipment

Cover available:

  • Premises only
  • UK and Europe
  • World wide cover

Does your work as an entertainer require you to travel abroad e.g. cruise ships? If so then you need to ensure you are properly covered.

  • Terrorism cover included
  • Short period or Annual cover
  • Instant cover via Credit/Debit Card
  • No application form to complete

The major exclusion is that as an entertainer, cover for Personal Accident and Personal Liability will be excluded, but only whilst you are working.

For more competitively priced Travel Insurance, click here.

Buildings Insurance

For most people, a house is the biggest single investment that they will make and it should be well protected. Buildings insurance can protect your home, outbuildings, garages, patios, drives, walls and even swimming pools and tennis courts.

Amongst other things, your buildings will be covered against damage by all the major perils including:

  • Fire, explosion, lighting, earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Malicious acts and theft
  • Storm and flood
  • Subsidence, heave and landslip
  • Falling trees
  • Impact
  • Escape of water
  • Accidental damage to underground services or pipes.

Cover can be extended to include accidental damage to the structure of the house, for example putting a foot through the ceiling while in the loft.

Contents Insurance

Provides wide-ranging cover for all your household contents – furniture, carpets, curtains, pictures, TV, computers, kitchen equipment and clothing, to name just a few.

Amongst other things, your home will be automatically insured against the following:

  • Fire, explosion, lightening, earthquake or smoke damage
  • Theft (including damage by thieves)
  • Storm or flood damage
  • Escape of water or oil from pipes or tanks
  • Malicious damage

For the majority of items, cover will be provided cover on a new for old basis, with no deduction for wear and tear. Accidental damage cover can be automatically provided for television sets, stereo equipment, computers and mirrors. This cover can be extended to cover accidental damage cover to other household contents.

You can also include personal possessions cover on an “All-risks” basis, both at home and away from the home, including whilst you are abroad.  Typically, such items include jewellery, hand bags, sports equipment, mobile phones and clothing. Personal cash may also be covered.

Home Emergency Cover

This valuable cover provides benefits and assistance for problems Plumbing & Drainage, blocked drains and leaking radiators. Heating cover provided in the event of sudden failure of the central heating system boiler, Loss of Utilities, Pest Infestation, Property Security, Sanitation, Roofing. Emergency access provided to over 2,000 tradespeople, and no excess to pay.

If you own properties to rent out, this provides a comprehensive range of cover and advice. Rent guarantee options are available to provide a total peace of mind landlord solution, ALPS Landlord Legal Expenses is further supported by a helpline which operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year to provided guidance on a number of different tenancy related issues.

Cyber crime is an increasing risk to businesses and individuals alike.  High profile ransomware attacks now regularly hit the headlines, but that is the tip of the iceberg.  Crimes against individuals and small business are common place.  Insurance polices will provide invaluable expert help, financial recompense to fund repairs, assist in recovering losses from fraud, deal with cases of identity theft etc.

Like any insurance, a cyber policy won’t remove the fact that you need to take your own measures to protect yourself e.g. anti virus, back ups etc, but for a relatively small premium, the ability to protect your computers, data and identity in the event of a crime against you or your business could prove crucial.

We live in an increasingly litigious society.  A Legal Expenses policy will provide access to legal experts to assist you in defending yourself, meet the costs involved often including any awards made against you.  Whether cover is purchased on a commercial or personal basis, cover will typically be provided across a range of areas of potential dispute such as HMRC Investigations, Statutory Licence, Regulation/Compliance, Employment, Property etc. 

Contact us

Contact us

Call us on 01277 288234 or email us enquiries@equity-ins-services.com

We will ensure you are offered the correct and appropriate protection.

Equity Insurance Services is a trading name of Professional and Medical Insurance Solutions Ltd, part of Global Risk Partners Limited (GRP), one of the UK’s largest independent insurance intermediary groups. GRP comprises a national network of personal, SME and middle market insurance brokers, leading Lloyd’s and London market insurance brokers, and an Underwriting Division providing a range of specialist and niche insurance products.

For further information please see www.grpgroup.co.uk